<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> </head> <body>
1 year in seoul

aboutarchives


Thursday, January 31, 2013
We have a beautiful life @ 12:36 AM

Walking up the hill to our apartment today, I stopped a runaway soccer ball for a little Korean boy.
He said, "THANK YOU!!" (in perfect english). It made my day.
It is ridiculous how excited I am to hear english after only a month here.

Also along the lines of familiar, comforting things that remind us of home,
I am proud/ashamed to say that Peter and I have eaten Taco Bell 3 times here already. Haha.
They have a bulgogi burrito.. which I tried.. the beef is sweet.. so it is weird..
and I tried the bulgogi burger at Burger King.. also weird..
but other than the few token bulgogi items, all of the American chains here
have pretty much the same menu items we are used to.

Besides our adventures in strange fast food, Peter and I have both been keeping busy.
He is very busy! Monday through Thursday, he has class from 10am-12pm, then 3pm-9pm.
On Fridays, he only has the morning class so after 12 he is off and we begin our 3 day weekend!

I am learning how to make my own schedule.
The last few weeks I have slowly carved out a structure for my week.
I started a motivating workout program. A friend showed me an excellent website for learning Korean.
In Gangnam (about 30 minutes away) I attend a bible study (through our church which we love) at a cafe/spa. On the upper level of the cafe are open fish tanks built into the floor where customers can stick their feet in and have them chewed by hundreds of little fish.
..I have not been brave enough to try this yet.
There is a weekly awareness-raising meeting for Christians persecuted in North Korea
held by a couple who lives in Seoul and works to aid refugees from the north.
We discuss news from North Korea and pray for their people.
It is a sobering reminder of how frequently I take everything in my life for granted.
Hebrews 13:3 "Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them,
 and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body."
The atrocities being committed against the citizens of North Korea, and Christians especially, are unimaginably horrific. Please pray for them, as well as for others suffering for Christ's name all over the world.





about
Peter and Kels

1 year in Seoul:

teaching,
learning,
exploring,

this is our adventure.